Thursday, September 28, 2006

Inked

Another thing I did this summer was I finally got the Tattoo I've wanted for so long.

I first wanted to get this tattoo in 2003, while I was on Easter Island during my trip to Chile. I wanted the Arctic Tern because it is an amazing, small bird that flys from the Arctic to the Antarctic every year. (kind of like when I went to Antarctica in 2001) The only problem was that I couldn't find the Tattoo artist on the island for the week that I was there. I tried getting it again in Hawaii during the Christmas of 2004, but the Tattoo artist I found there didn't have time in his schedule for me. I even tried again in Beijing during my trip to Mongolia in the summer of 2005, but it didn't work out. So earlier this summer, I finally got it done here in Ottawa at a place called New Moon Tattoo. I'm very happy with the end result.

(For those that may be wondering; it says Immiqutailaq, which is Arctic Tern in Inuktitut.)

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Jesse. Glad you finally got the tattoo. And good to see you blogging again.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger kalyn_was_here said...

NEW POST! NEW POST! NEW POST!

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats one sweeeeet tattoo you have their Jesse. I have two tattoos, a butterfly on my right neck and nunavut sivuniksavut in sllyabics on the top of my back. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home