Monday, April 02, 2007

Unrepentant: Kevin Annett and Canada's Genocide

I found this video a while ago and I thought I'd share it here.



I think it's particularly relevant considering that Indian and Northern Affairs Minister Jim Prentice has recently decided not to apologize for the Residential schools and actually went so far as to deny the fact that the primary goal of the schools was to destroy aboriginal culture, language and identity and to assimilate them into Euro-Canadian culture.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the CPC's history in regards to natives. I guess simple common human decency is too much to ask from this bunch.

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually watching this moving now and my stomach is sick... i am well aware of canada's other history the one kept out of the text books.

But this is really sick...good on ya, for posting it

Tracy

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jesse, for posting this potent, relevant and lucid soothsaying video demonstrating the appalling degree of violence, oppression and marginalization our Peoples have suffered, endured and survived during the colonization genocide. I hope many others will have the opportunity to get a real history education from this film. Visit Kevin Annett's (Eagle Strong Voice)site www.hiddenfromhistory.org and if it moves you from the heart, make a solid donation to help fund his international speaking tours.
-Rainbow Heart Dances-

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home